a>

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Comments on this blog

I have been wanting to leave a post like this one for quite some time and didn't know how to approach it but seeing that I am blunt person here it goes.

I have a blog set up for people to see recent work. It helps me know how I am growing and what things I can improve on. It also allows my sweet clients to look at some of their pictures and hopefully get excited. On my blogger preferences I have allowed for "anyone" to leave a comment. I did this because I know that A. Blogs are new to people and setting up a name account might be difficult, B. There are people who are shy and do not wish to let everyone know that they are looking at the blog but would like to leave a comment and I just didn't mind having random visitors leave comments. This was until I started receiving unprofessional comments towards my clients. The not so shy person who leaves a rude comment about a clients dress because it's not to their liking or how close the couple is standing together or other much more hurtful comments. Granted, this is the Internet therefore everything is public, this is America- Freedom of Speech, etc. etc. etc. If the comments were about me personally and how much I suck trust me I'd laugh and not write this post but I take it much more personal when you leave a RUDE anonymous comment on MY blog without signing your name -silly scared person you; it makes me angry.

In the past I have just deleted the comments because as the blog host you receive a notice with each comment left on your posts. And it might be just random weirdos from all over the world doing this, but as a note to you anonymous" writers leaving uncalled for comments, either A. leave your name and perhaps your blog info so we can take a look at you or B. Send me an email to express your concerns. But please understand that I am upset because I would not want my clients to feel hurt over some silly comment you have to share with out the courage of leaving an ID. I have started to wonder 'what if I do not get to my email on time and my clients reads this,' maybe they won't care but the comments are getting a lot worse so I know someone will get upset. This is not a hate blog, it's a Photography blog, it is used as part of my portfolio and I want to keep it positive and fun.

Maybe the comments are meant as jokes but we aren't kids, unless it is a 17 year old leaving the comment then that makes more sense. I guess you know who you are and you will hopefully understand my request to keep this a positive blog.

So please understand, I do not write this so you can leave worse comments but just to firmly ask that if you do visit, thank you so much for doing so. Please DO leave comments, I appreciate them so much. It actually lets me know that I DO have visitors and that my blog is being shared. I get really excited when I get comments on posts, specially on specific pictures because it helps me know what to add to my website and what I am doing right. If you ARE an anonymous person but you are leaving polite comments, please do not stop.

Thank you,
Raquel Allen
raquelsphotography@msn.com (feel free to email if you have any questions or concerns with this post). :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very greateful that you have such self respect and respect for your clients. Thank you for defending your clients. No one should be leaving rude comments. I am sure that many people will agree that it is nice to have such a caring person protect her clients and would very much enjoy doing business with you. - Diane

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. I am proud of you! Ramon Acevedo Jr.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see good people like you.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Raquel said...

Thank you guys, I have thought about this post all day because I wrote it on impulse but if you could read the things that were said you would understand EVEN more. Thank you! :)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Dean said...

Raquel, We had a blast today, The shots are fantastic, they will bring great memories, Thanks ou for spending so much time with us, you're the greatest, I hope you have warmed up from the cold temps.
Dean & family

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are fantastic. We can't wait to see the rest of them. Thanks for your patience with us and for taking so many pictures.

Dave & Geniel

1:55 PM  
Blogger Alaina said...

Awwwww yeah let's hear your attitude in defense of your friends anytime. You are absolutely amazing, not just in photography but this is a very well-written rebuke!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home